Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Target + In-Store Starbucks = Bliss

For the amount of money I spend at Target each week, I should buy stock in the company or at least be awarded VIP shopper status.  My local Target is now a Super Target with groceries and it just opened an in-store Starbucks.  I may just move in.

Ryan knows that whenever I make my weekly pilgrimage to Target that I won't be home for at a good couple of hours.  The addition of easy access to Starbucks caffeine will likely add on at least another hour.

Walking up and down the aisles of Target is oddly relaxing for me.  Yes, I embark on my standard route to get all of the staples on my list.  But in between, I like checking out the new housewares, decorations, clothes and sifting through the sales rack.  It is one of the only times of the week that I can just let my mind wander.  Plus, I can never resist a good deal or the dollar bin.  A purple faux snakeskin tote bag marked down from $19.99 to $3.99.  Infant tights for next winter marked down to $0.75.  Yes, please!

This week I had Piper with me.  I always talk to her throughout our shopping trips and this one was no exception.  We discuss different brands, what we need to buy, what's on sales.  Yes - people give us odd looks when they hear the full fledged conversations I have with an infant while shopping.  But who cares, we're having fun.

Piper is quite the flirt and likes smiling, waving and clapping for other shoppers.  She always makes lots of friends on our shopping trips.  The checkers all already know her by name.

Maybe I'll write Target a letter with the VIP shopper idea.  Although I can't claim the idea.  It was all my friend Sasha.  In the meantime, I'll continue to sip my skinny vanilla latte and enjoy a few hours of uninterrupted weekend errands and shopping.  My little utopia will now be referred to as "Tarbucks."

      

No comments:

Post a Comment