Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sun, Surf and Sleep

T-minus six days until we embark on our first Piperless vacation.  Months ago when we were planning our vacation to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, we were salivating at the thought of lying on a beach, enjoying a cocktail and sleeping in.  Now that it is less than a week away, I am panicking.

In 15 months, I've only spent one night away from Piper.  She spent that night with grandma and everything went great.  But when we got home, I swear she gave both Ryan and me the cold shoulder.  The little nugget definitely had an attitude and let us know that she knew we had left her.  After a week away she is bound to absolutely hate us.  Plus, I'm not quite sure how I'll deal with the separation anxiety.  Yikes!

Nina and Papa are coming in from Scottsdale to spend the week with Piper.  I have no doubt they'll all have a blast and she will be spoiled rotten.  As I'm compiling a list of lists (emergency numbers, Piper's schedule, like/dislike list, food like/dislike list), I'm starting to wonder if the lists are more for my own security and sanity than Nina and Papa's.    

Hopefully by day two of the trip, I'll be refreshed from sleeping past 5 am, enjoying leisurely dinners and adult beverages.  It will be easier to miss Piper while sipping a pina colada on the beach.  Geez - do I sound like a horrible wommy or what!?  

Nina and Papa have have promised to text photos and keep us updated of how the munchkin is doing.  Stay tuned to see how this wommy handles a week of R&R in the Virgin Islands.  Yes, I know, it's a tough assignment, but someone has to do it.  
    

2 comments:

  1. I hope your trip is enjoyable and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us spend time with Sweet P.....she is such a love and so smart! She sings all day long and is very happy! And she loved Nina's homemade chicken vegetable soup....NOW THAT IS A SEAL OF APPROVAL!

    ReplyDelete