Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Poonami Madness

I've quickly learned that becoming a parent means you discuss diapers and poop way more than any person should.  No longer is celebrity gossip the hot topic with my friends.  Instead, we compare poonami stories. What's a poonami you ask?  A poonami is a crazy explosive diaper that squishes out of the top, bottom and sides.  Lovely, I know.  Piper is already infamous at daycare for her poonamis.

On the surface, people see Piper as a beautiful petite princess.  She always arrives at daycare dressed to the nines, usually with a matching headband (alternating between giant bows and giant flowers) or a saucy hat.  However, more times than not, when I pick her up, I am greeted by her teacher with a the plastic bag of grossness and Piper wearing the mismatched extra onesie and leggings I've sent for "emergencies." Oh yes, the bag is filled with Piper's poopie clothes.  It's always a thrilling treat to open up the bag when we get home.   My mother would cringe to know that rather than wash the really bad ones, I have been known to just toss the entire outfit.

Can my tiny fashionista really be so gross.  The answer is a resounding YES!

I have had to literally cut her out of at least four onesies so far.  There was just no possible way to pull it over her head without getting poop in her hair.  Piper also has wonderful timing, like creating a poonami five minutes after we give her a bath and get her cozy in her pajamas...or when we're running late in the morning and I am strapping her into the car seat...or, this is my favorite, on the 40 minute drive home from daycare in an inclosed car.

My theory is that she stays so tiny because everything goes right through her.  If that is the case, then I hope that Piper keeps up the good metabolism for the rest of her life.  Ironically, Piper doesn't smell so good right now.  Fingers crossed it's not a poonami.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing out loud at this post. It brought back a memory of Todd. Aubrin was on medication and it didn't agree with her belly. She had an explosive diaper and it was all over. Todd cut her out of her clothes and threw them away!!! Thanks for always sharing your honest, thoughtful and clever thoughts!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete