Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

My name is Jen McGrath and I am a Wommy.  What's a Wommy?  A Wommy is a working mommy.  Before we get any further, I want to make sure no one is offended.  I know that stay-at-home moms are working moms and work incredibly hard.  However, I'm going to be sharing my personal stories and experiences about balancing motherhood with a corporate job (8-10 hours a day), a commute, daycare, attempting to squeeze in a trip to the gym, etc.  These are purely my stories and not meant to compare the pros/cons of moms who work at home versus outside the home.

That said - how was everyone's New Year celebration?  As a mom of a six-month old baby (sweet baby girl Piper), I stayed at home, rented bad movies and ate pizza.  Oh yes, times have changed.  In fact, it was at a crazy NYE party at a hotel on Michigan Avenue in 2002 where I met my hubby, Ryan, also know as Piper's baby daddy.  And you know what - I loved every moment of staying at home with Piper and Ryan.  Well, maybe I didn't love the part where I had to change an explosive diaper, but the rest was pretty good.  Yes, I may be getting old and boring, but I am okay with that.  

Stay tuned for more stories in 2011.  Now off to watch some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment