Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall into Fashion

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.  I love to see the leaves change color, hot cider, college football, the crisp weather where all you need is a sweater and of course, Halloween.  Oddly enough for the Midwest, it is mid-October and 80 degrees.  Not the norm.  I should be enjoying the gorgeous weather before winter slush and snow bury me.  But I really miss those cool 60 degrees days.

This weekend we took Piper to the pumpkin patch.  There is something just wrong about wearing shorts and a tank top to stroll through the corn maze...at least for this Midwest girl.  I am so eager to wear my boots, sweaters and new corduroy pants!

You have to admit that Fall is the best fashion season.  You're not icky and sweating, your make-up doesn't melt off, there is no humidity so good hair days are back in rotation and all you need is a fitted blazer or funky sweater to be comfortable.  Don't even get me started on the fab shoe selection - suede knee high boots, stacked heal penny loafers, booties.

In the Midwest, Fall is over in the blink of an eye, so you have to enjoy it.  That's why I'm not thrilled about our mini heatwave.  Yes, I know I sound ungrateful, especially since the prediction is that we will have an absolutely awful winter.

No doubt that this warm snap be over in a week or so and I'll be eating my words.  In the meantime, I'll take the opportunity to get some more wear out of my open toe shoes and soak up the last of summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment