Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Every Girl Needs a Pair of Red Sparkle Shoes

Shoes, glorious shoes!  I love shoes, from pumps to boots to sneakers.  What I love even more is finding a good sale on shoes.  Today, Piper experienced her very first shoeapalooza.  We walked into Target for Kleenex, toothpaste and shampoo and walked out with eight pairs of shoes for Piper...and forgot the toothpaste.  You read that correctly - eight pairs!  I swear if we had been at K-Mart, they would have been forced to make a blue light special announcement over the store intercom.

I was going about my normal Target shopping when I happened to swing by the shoe department.  Okay, the truth is that the shoe department in any store has a magnetic pull on me...I cannot walk away.  The Target heavens opened up and bestowed upon me a 75% off sale on little girl sparkle shoes.  Within arms reach were sparkle shoes in red, silver, gold and black.  They were all marked down to $3.50.  I was so excited I started to feel faint.  This is what is feels like to be in the "shopping zone."  Keep in mind that Piper is only seven months and they only had toddler sizes.  Do you think I let that stop me!?

I picked out a pair in each color for her to wear next year.  Then the woman next to me pointed out where they had smaller sizes.  Much to my delight I found tiny sizes Piper could wear now.  Into my cart went black patent leather, brown suede with flowers and two pairs of pink shiny slip-on sneakers in different sizes.   Eight pairs of shoes for under $30.00!  The only person who could top me with that sale would be my mom.  So what if the teenage checker gave me a strange look as he rung up my purchases.

When I got home, I strategically hid the shoe bag from my husband already picturing him shaking his head and rolling his eyes.  Little does he know that this is only the beginning.  The poor guy has no idea what he is in for with mommy and the tiny fashionista duo.

Piper's baby book will now reflect that her first mommy/daughter shopping spree took place on January 15, 2011.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment