Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Oprah - Here I Come!

Who has two tickets to be in the audience of Oprah’s Winfrey’s final show?  This girl!!!  I am so excited that I can barely stand it.  Plus, I am bringing my mom.  We are going to have a blast. 

About a month ago I visited Oprah.com and entered the online lottery for tickets to her final show.  I’ve tried to get tickets for years and haven’t been successful.  This time was no different.  I promptly got a rejection e-mail a few days later. 

Fast forward to Mother’s Day when I happened to check my e-mail early in the morning.  At the top of my inbox was an e-mail from Oprah Show Reservations informing me that two tickets were now available for the final show.  A mere stroke of luck or a miracle to mark the celebration of my very first Mother’s day?  I’ll let you decide.

I’ve been an Oprah fan for as long as I can remember.  I realize that not everyone is a fan, but for me, Oprah has always represented strength and opportunity.  She has taken risks and overcome adversity to pave her own path to success.  She makes it a point to encourage everyone to give back to their communities and always be proud of who they are and where they came from.  These are all lessons that I will teach the Pipernator

The moral of the story is that you can’t win if you don’t play.  In your personal and professional life, take some risks and challenge yourself.  Sometimes, your luck will turn around when you least expect it. 
 
The show films on Tuesday, May 17 and airs on Wednesday, May 25.  Check back next week for a recap of the show.  I promise to dish about all of the behind the scenes details of the show.  Fingers crossed for tons of celeb sightings and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment