Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Time Celebrating Mother's Day as a Mommy

My house is a disaster zone - and I couldn't be happier.  Everywhere I look there are toys, bottles, tiny socks and cheerios.  Reminders of the little princess that is upstairs fast asleep.

As I celebrate my first Mother's Day, I almost can't remember what life was like before Piper arrived.  Sure, we had a clean house, disposable income, slept in on weekends, went out to fancy dinners and took last minute trips.  But what we have now is even better.  We have a family and I am a mommy.  Has it really only been less than a year that I became a mommy?  It's amazing how you can love some one so incredibly much and completely unconditionally.

My favorite part of the day is when I pick Piper up from daycare.  As soon as she sees me or even hears my voice, she goes crazy smiling, waving her arms and crawls towards me as fast as she can.  I seriously drown the poor kid in hugs and kisses.  Even if I've had the worst day at work, everything melts away as soon as I scoop up the little munchkin.

On this Mother's Day, I also want to celebrate my mom and mother-in-law for being such great wommy role models.  And thank you to Piper for choosing me to her mommy.  It has been quite a ride so far and I can't wait to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment