- Use your flatiron to quickly iron wrinkles out of baby clothes. Flatirons are small, so they can easily take care of tiny outfits. Brilliant!
- A stapler can be a quick temporary fix for a snapped slingback on a high heal. Same goes for a pant hem that falls out in the middle of the day.
- Take a hint from the cast of Jersey Shore and wear the shirt before the shirt while feeding your baby or toddler in the morning before heading to work. That way stains and spit-up won't slow you down.
- A new plush dog bed makes the perfect rest spot for a toddler to snuggle in and relax. I kid you not! I bought Piper a pink fluffy dog bed and she loves curling up there to read her books. It's the perfect size for her.
- Always carry ziploc bags in your diaper bag for wet icky clothes or waste.
- Indulge yourself with a mink coat...for your lashes. When your favorite mascara is on sale, buy a tube in brown and a tube in black. Apply the brown, let it dry, and then tip just the ends of your lashed with the black. I promise your lashes will look super long. Don't believe me? Try it and see for yourself.
- Hit up garage sales in ritzy communities. You can score practically new toys and clothes for a fraction of store cost. I bought Piper brand-new Ralph Lauren dresses for $1 a piece.
- Keep an eye out for sales at Ann Taylor, LOFT and Gap. You can get classic basics for a great price and also some funky blouses that will spice up a basic suit and/or jeans. Don't be afraid of color! I bought a brightly colored watercolor-type sleeveless blouse from LOFT early in the summer and have worn it a ton, with suits to jeans to capris.
Friday, August 26, 2011
Flat Irons and Dog Beds
I am always on the hunt for tip and tricks to make life easier, while still looking great and trying to squeeze a few more hours out of the day. Here is a list of some of my favorite tricks from friends, family and colleagues.
What tips and tricks are in your arsenal?